About the FIDIS Network of Excellence
FIDIS work is structured into 7 research activities:
As a multidisciplinary and multinational NoE FIDIS, appropriately, comprises different country research experiences with heterogeneous focuses, and integrates European expertise around a common set of activities. Additionally, all relevant stakeholders are addressed to ensure that the requirements are considered from different levels. FIDIS overcomes the extreme fragmentation of research into the future of identity by consolidating and fostering joint research in this area. Research results will be made accessible to European citizens, researchers and in particular to SMEs. FIDIS will accomplish ERA objectives by durably integrating the research implementation efforts, as well as the medium term target setting, and in the long run the strategic objective planning.
Europe will develop a deeper understanding of how appropriate identities and identity management can progress the way to a fair(er) European information society.
Integrating European research with regard to Technologies to:
- Support identity and identification
- Interoperability of identity and identification concepts
- ID-theft, privacy and security
- Profiling and forensic implications
- Integrated approaches to research
- Legal, socio-economic, usability and application requirements.
- Public architecture & specifications.